Welcome to 3VA’s volunteering page. On this page you will find links to volunteer roles in your area, volunteer stories and essential guides to volunteering including recruitment and retention.
Essential Guides to Volunteering:
- Encouraging a Diverse Range of People to Volunteer for Your Organisation 2023
- Essential Guide to Health and Safety of Volunteers February 2023
- Essential Guide to Insurance of Volunteers January 2023
- Essential Guide to Job Substitution – Jan 2023
- Essential Guide to Writing a volunteer policy – February 2023
- Essential Guide to Writing volunteer role descriptions – Jan 2023
- Introduction to Reimbursing Volunteer Expenses Feb 2023
- Understanding Volunteer Motivation Jan23
- Volunteer Good Practise Agreement March 2023
Ways to find volunteering opportunities
As many volunteer involving organisations use their own websites for recruitment, try searching the internet using the organisation name or your interests as key words.
To view all the latest volunteering opportunities in your local area, please have a look at:
All groups can post your volunteer opportunities here:
If you need further information, advice or support to find volunteering in one of these areas, please contact one of our local partners:
Volunteers Network CIC
Tel: 01323 763 762
The Havens Community Hub
Tel: 01273 918 226
Uckfield Volunteer Centre
Heathfield and District Volunteer Centre
Hastings Voluntary Action
Tel: 01424 444 010
Rother Voluntary Action
Tel: 01424 217 259
Get inspired! – Volunteer Stories
If you are not sure what kind of volunteering you might like to do, or what it might be like to volunteer, have a look at some stories of the kinds of things people do here:
Being a Trustee
Having a committed and effective Board of Trustees (or Management Committee members) is vital to the well-being of any community group or charity.
Each year the work of nearly 1 million trustees across the UK are recognised and celebrated during National Trustees Week.
We have put together some short stories from local trustees which you can view here: