We all recognise that the volunteering effort in East Sussex and across the U.K. since the coronavirus outbreak started to impact has been incredible. People who were already giving their time freely and people coming forward for the very first time have been amazing. We have witnessed people coming together and the response of our sector has been magnificent.
For those of you whose role it is to engage and involve volunteers…what does it all mean?!
If you are from a group based in Eastbourne, the Lewes District or Wealden and are in role engaging and involving volunteers, it doesn’t matter if you have been doing it for five years (or more!), months or minutes …
We would like to invite you to participate in our first free online Volunteer Coordinators’ Forum, Volunteering during a pandemic on Thursday 11 June from 10:00 am to 12 noon.
During this online meeting you will have the opportunity to;
- Get the latest national and local news updates about volunteering.
- Meet other people in a role like yours and explore potential new ways of networking.
- Discover how you could recruit volunteers who have come forward to 3VA and offered to help with the crisis.
- Learn which volunteer roles should require a background police check and why.
- Find out more about a new volunteer support service, 3VA is working on with Holding Space.
- Take part in a question and answer session about what volunteering currently looks like during the pandemic and how it might develop.
Participation in the Forum is completely free but to make the meeting manageable online we will be limiting places for up to 15 people, so to be sure of your place, please book early.
Pre-booking is essential, but easy! To secure your place please book online and if you would like to know more before making a booking, please contact Lee Shepherd on 07535 992 638 or email email@example.com.