East Sussex County Council, working with a range of health, care and voluntary sector partners, is conducting a needs assessment for our lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer and other sexual and gender identity minorities (LGBTQ+). The Council wants to understand experiences of health, accessing local services and about how Covid-19 has impacted these communities.
East Sussex County Council wants to hear from you if you live in the county of East Sussex (excluding Brighton and Hove), are over 16, and:
- Identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, pansexual, asexual or any other sexual minority; or
- Identify as trans, non-binary, gender queer, gender fluid, gender non-confirming, agender or any other gender minority; or
- Have a variation in sex characteristics (sometimes known as ‘intersex’).
The Council is running three online focus groups in September which will focus on three different age groups:
- 16–24-year-olds on Tuesday 14th September 2021, 18:00 – 19:30
- 25–60-year-olds on Wednesday 15th September 2021, 18:00 – 19:30
- 60+ year olds on Thursday 16th September 2021,18:00 – 19:30
Attendees only need to attend one of the focus groups, cameras can be turned off to protect your identity and each participant will receive an £15 Love to Shop voucher via post or email for their participation
If you want more information and would like to take part in an online focus group, please email Public.email@example.com or call 01273 368 364 stating you want to take part in a focus group and your age. Further details will be confirmed and provided after you have expressed an interest in attending via email.
The Council wants to hear from a diverse range of community members. This could include communities such as those who are LGBTQ+ and with disabilities and/or neurodivergence, community members who are Black and/or People of Colour, Gypsy and Traveller communities, those aged over 50+, and those with a variation in sex characteristics.