We're looking for a passionate and experienced Community Development Officer for the Making it Happen Project in Eastbourne.
22 hours per week
Fixed term until 31 March 2023
£26,999 per annum, pro rata
Location: Eastbourne, with working in the local community
The Making it Happen mission statement is to ‘help communities take control of their future and achieve better outcomes for themselves and all of their members’. Our aim is to facilitate the development of locally ‘grown’ sustainable solutions that meet people and community needs.
Our Community Development Officers are enablers who will work in partnership with residents and organisations in specific local and often disadvantaged communities to maximise and build on the wealth of assets that people possess. They help communities grow and strengthen their personal resilience.
You will be responsible for:
- Community engagement in several local areas of Eastbourne across Langney, Shinewater, Hampden Park, Sovereign and Devonshire.
- Mapping diverse range of local community assets
- Assisting community members in identifying next steps and access opportunities for training, upskilling, building confidence
- Developing, organising and publicising community-based events and initiatives
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the project
- Collaborating on funding bids to support new & existing service provision and activities
Ideal candidates will be skilled community development workers who have experience of using asset-based community development approaches to deliver positive outcomes. You will be a great communicator who enjoys motivating and inspiring a wide range of people.
We are particularly encouraging local residents and community development professionals with knowledge of local area to apply.
The role is based in Eastbourne, with frequent travel to delivery locations across the town and beyond in East Sussex, therefore being a car owner and driver is essential. Posts are subject to DBS check.
3VA offers a friendly working environment, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata) and a contributory pension scheme. This role will offer great training and development opportunities as the project develops.
An application pack is available below:
For more information about the role, please contact Miriam Wilkinson, 3VA’s Head of Development, on 01323 639 373 Ext: 213 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 17 December 2019 at 5:00 pm
Interviews will be held the week commencing Monday 6 January 2020