3VA and Eastbourne Borough Council (EBC) will jointly host a free EBC Small Grants Programme training session on Tuesday, 17 September from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at Eastbourne Town Hall to help groups develop their proposal and subsequently write a funding bid that has a greater likelihood of success. Additional one-to-one support will be available from 3VA immediately following the training session.
EBC's Small Grants Programme is open from 2 August to 25 October 2019. The maximum award is £5,000 and the grant must be spent in the following financial year. EBC is looking for:
- Projects which promote the inclusion of groups protected under the Equality Act 2010
- Projects focused on developing initiatives to support people with mental health needs
Initiatives designed to develop volunteering and/ or self-help activity which need funding to get started and will focus on one or more of the following:
- Supporting carers
- Reducing social isolation
- Tackling financial exclusion
- Tackling digital exclusion
There are additional eligibility criteria. If you have any questions about your project's eligibility please contact EBC at firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephen Hughes, 3VA's Community Development Officer for Eastbourne, at email@example.com.