Posted October 16, 2023
East Sussex College Group - Independent Governor Recruitment
The East Sussex College Group Governing Board are keen to appoint motivated and dynamic Independent Governors from a wide range of backgrounds and with a diversity of skills and experience. As a Governor you will be at the very heart of the College Group, not only responsible for determining the education and training provided and the strategy for delivering it, but also leading the drive to maintain excellent teaching and learning, improving outcomes for young people and adult learners in Hastings, Eastbourne, Lewes and Newhaven.
We are particularly looking for Governors with the following skills/expertise:
• Financial management expertise, particularly with specialism in FE.
• Audit knowledge and experience.
• Expertise in complex capital and infrastructure projects.
• Experience in marketing and strategic communications.
• Organisational culture and managing change.
• FE curriculum and quality expertise.
We are also interested in candidates with knowledge of the Lewes/Newhaven local areas, ideally with an existing network within local industries and/or relationships with key community stakeholders.