Financial Lead Trustee
PCaSO prostate Cancer Support Organisation
Join us as a trustee – and help tackle a killer disease, prostate cancer
Would you like to…
- Be part of a one of the country’s largest prostate cancer support charities?
- Develop your skills in new areas?
- Build a network of contacts in the health care area?
- Gain experience in strategic planning?
- Be part of saving lives in the south of England?
- Be involved in communicating new developments in treatments?
- Use your experience to give something back to the community?
PCaSO Prostate Cancer Support Organisation is seeking a Financial Lead Trustee who holds strong connections to the region, has financial management skills, and wants to help save lives.
PCaSO has been working in Sussex, Hampshire and Dorset for some 20 years and has grown to have a turnover of approaching £100,000 p.a. and has over 900 members. All income is donations from members and partner organisations. In normal times we run events to offer free PSA tests to identify those at risk – since we started such events we have tested nearly 20,000 men. We publish literature to spread awareness of the need for early diagnosis. We hold meetings to help men understand the disease and to set their minds at rest. We work with other charities to influence decision-making.
We have no offices and no paid staff. We are all volunteers working from home.
In these times of COVID, given the age profile of volunteers and those receiving help, most activities have been suspended for this year though planning is underway to restart next year. We hope.
At such a pivotal time for the charity we are looking for one trustee to take a financial lead for the charity. This is not entirely a traditional Treasurer’s role, but rather an opportunity to provide sound financial oversight and help shape the financial strategy for an organisation with ambitions to grow in the region. As such, experience in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Financial management and strategy
- Organisational/charity leadership and development
- Business and enterprise
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
If you are interested in becoming the Financial Lead Trustee, we would be delighted to hear from you. Initially please email David Hurst, Honorary Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a few details about yourself and we will send you the full role profile.