Community Development Officer (Eastbourne)
Home-based / Eastbourne
£16,443.85 per annum (Paid)
We are the Community and Voluntary Action for Eastbourne, Lewes District and Wealden. We enable and support community groups, voluntary organisations and individuals across East Sussex, to improve quality of life and equality of opportunity for everyone. We represent and advocate for the voluntary and community sector with local government and other statutory authorities.
Purpose of the role
Developing, facilitating and supporting a vibrant, dynamic and connected voluntary and community sector in Eastbourne, building capacity in individuals and groups to support local activities and initiatives which benefit Eastbourne’s community.
The postholder works as part of a team of Community Development Officers for Eastbourne, Wealden and Lewes District:
- Identifying local community needs and priorities
- Building capacity and capability which enables the Voluntary and Community Sector to be more effective and sustainable
- Identifying, developing and supporting events and partnership projects
- Ensuring that local groups are provided with support to develop best practice in management and governance
- Bringing an entrepreneurial approach to development and collaborative opportunities
- Identifying income and funding opportunities from public and private sector sources
- Promoting and supporting 3VA membership as a key element in developing and maintaining a vibrant community and voluntary environment