Posted November 16, 2023
Veterans Career Development Fund Open for UK Applications
The Veterans Career Development Fund is provided by the Office for Veterans’ Affairs and administered on their behalf by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust.
The funding will support experienced not-for-profit organisations which can create and promote opportunities for UK veterans and their families looking to enter employment, and those already in employment who have the aspiration to progress in their careers, to acquire, or work towards acquiring, supplementary qualifications, technical training and skills.
Grants of up to £70,000 over two years are available to the following:
- UK universities.
- UK charities registered for at least three years at the time of their application and able to provide published accounts for all three years if requested.
- Community Interest Companies (CICs) registered in the UK for at least three years at the time of their application and able to provide published accounts for all three years if requested.
Projects need to aspirational, inclusive, collaborative and deliver sustainable change.
Applications are particularly welcome for projects which seek to engage with groups beyond the mainstream veteran population such as:
- Women Veterans
- Veterans from Ethnic Minority backgrounds.
- LGBT Veterans.
- Veterans with health or support needs.
- Early Service leavers
- Veterans aged 50+ looking to re-enter the workforce.
Consideration will also be given for opportunities where possible for veterans’ families including partners, spouses, children (aged 16-24) and the bereaved.
The funding can be used to pay for most costs needed for the project or activity.
The deadline for applications is 8 January 2024 (17:00).
Further details can be found here: Veterans’ Career Development Fund : Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust