Posted December 7, 2023
Sport England Offers Funding for Flood-Damaged Facilities in England
Sport England has extended its Small Grants programme to not-for-profit organisations who have been impacted by the October/November 2023 storms and flooding and are seeking storm relief funding. The available funding will be focused on those areas worst affected, and priority will be given to sports and activities that need to return quickly.
Through the Small Grants programme, grants of between £300 and £15,000 can support emergency costs to help restore sports facilities and activity venues that have been affected by the recent storms.
- Skip hire to remove sediment and rubbish.
- Minor electrical works to restore power.
- Decontamination works or clearing of blocked drains.
- Cleaning work to get showers and changing rooms back up and running.
- Securing buildings.
Applications will be considered from:
- Community amateur sports clubs (as registered with HMRC).
- Unregistered voluntary and community organisations with a not-for-profit constitution.
- Registered charities.
- Not-for-profit companies (limited by guarantee without share capital or charitable incorporated organisation).
- Community interest companies (CICs) or other social enterprises.
- Community benefit societies.
- Schools using their facilities for wider community benefit.
- Local authority bodies (including town, parish and community councils).
As the flood funding is only designed to help with the initial clear up to enable activity to resume, the following costs will not be funded:
- Loss of stock
- Replacement of damaged equipment
- Loss of income
- Goods or services valued in-kind (you’ll be required to provide evidence of expenditure)
- Any routine maintenance or repairs resulting from everyday wear and tear
- Any expenditure coverable by insurance
- Football facilities where they are predominantly used for affiliated / competitive league football – any funding request for projects that include football will need to clearly show they are a multi-activity facility.
Applications are currently being accepted until 31 March 2024.
Further details can be found here: Small Grants Programme | Sport England