Posted January 8, 2024
Leeds Building Society Foundation Announces Changes to Themes for 2024 Funding
The Leeds Building Society Foundation recently made some notable changes to its funding programme for 2024.
With a focus on supporting those in need of a safe and secure home, the Foundation is now offering grants to UK registered charities for projects which address one or more of the following themes:
- Financial stress – projects that help with bills or debt stress.
- Security and refuge – projects that support emergency accommodation.
- Quality and suitability of housing.
- Health and wellbeing support for those experiencing homelessness.
Applications are welcome from those who take a Housing First and/or relationship-based approach. Applications should show evidence of:
- Strength-based practice
- Trauma-informed care
- Psychologically-informed environments.
Depending on their annual turnover, UK registered charities can apply for:
- Small Grants of between £250 and £1,000 to charities anywhere in the UK that have a turnover of less than £1 million. The funding is to be used for projects that support those in need of a safe and secure home. Grants are only for capital expenditure (that is, to purchase items used to directly help those in need).
- Large Grants of between £25,000 and £100,000 for charities with a turnover of £5 million or less (new turnover limit, previously there was none) who are based in or delivering work in Yorkshire and/or the North East of England. The grant can be a one year grant, or split across two or three years and can support new work or existing work and fund core, project and/or capital costs.
There are four closing dates for applications in 2024.
The first deadline for applications is 4 March 2024.
Further details can be found here: About Charitable Foundation | Leeds Building Society