Posted November 2, 2023
Cycling UK Big Bike Revival Grants Reopens for Winter 2023 Funding Round
Cycling UK is offering grants of up to £2,500 for voluntary and community cycle groups across England to deliver projects and activities that:
- Encourage people who don’t cycle to cycle.
- Encourage people to cycle more often.
- Increase short cycling trips.
- Improve the perception of cycling safety.
- Improve people’s confidence to cycle.
The Big Bike Revival Grants Programme will support events and activities that use the ‘fix-learn-ride’ model to provide sessions for people groups that are underrepresented in cycling, such as:
- People on low incomes.
- People who suffer from poor mental health.
- People who are not meeting physical activity guidelines.
- People who are homeless.
- People who are lacking confidence.
- Unemployed people.
- Military veterans.
- People who are experiencing substance abuse.
- Ethnically diverse people.
- Refugees and asylum seekers.
- People experiencing transport poverty.
- People with perceived barriers to cycling.
Funding can be used for costs including but not limited to:
- Staff costs.
- Volunteer expenses, such as refreshments and travel.
- Equipment purchases, including tools, bikes, bike parking, locks, helmets, high-vis jackets, and pumps.
- Equipment hiring, such as cones, high-vis jackets, helmets, or bikes.
- Consumables, including brake pads, inner tubes, cables, lubricant, or small parts.
- Venue hires or location fees.
- Participant refreshments such as reasonable drinks and snacks.
- Promotion costs.
- Transport, including transportation of goods to and from the event location.
- Personal Protection Equipment.
Funding is for events delivered between 4 November 2023 and 25 February 2024. Groups are expected to deliver around eight events.
The deadline for applications is 15 December 2023.
Further details can be found here: The Big Bike Revival | Cycling UK