Posted September 7, 2023
Crowdfunder Cost of Living Crisis Emergency Fund Supports Community Food Projects (UK)
The Cost of Living Emergency Fund is provided by donations from members of the public and run by Crowdfunder.
This match-funding initiative will provide grants of up to £5,000 conditional upon applicants first securing crowdfunding via Crowdfunder’s platform.
The funding is for community organisations that are helping to tackle food poverty in their local area.
The funding is for revenue costs and could be used for projects such as the following (not limited to):
- Supporting the creation or continuation of foodbanks.
- Providing support to those helping to provide free meals for children during the summer holidays.
- Providing food budgeting or food education support to those in financial difficulties.
- Reducing food waste and therefore food costs through community fridge creation/continuation.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Registered UK Charities.
- Registered community benefit organisations.
- Registered social enterprises and charity companies.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be based in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland and for the benefit of communities within the UK.
- Have a UK mainland bank account in the name of the organisation.
- Be able to deliver the outcome of this crowdfunding campaign by 31 December 2023.
- Be raising funds for running costs only.
- Have been operating for at least 12 months.
Priority will be given to organisations which are new to crowdfunding. The funder is seeking to ensure funding is distributed equitably, particularly in terms of geographic location and types of beneficiaries.
The first step is for applicants to set up a crowdfunding campaign on Crowdfunder where they can find the terms and conditions and criteria. Applicants should bear in mind that all projects must be delivered by 31 December 2023.
The fund will close when all the funding is allocated.