Posted November 2, 2023
Canoe Foundation Invites Applications from 1 November for Spring 2024 Funding
The Canoe Foundation, the official charity partner of British Canoeing, has announced that it will open for applications from 1 November 2023.
Grants of between £500 and £10,000 are available for projects across the UK that will:
- Increase or enhance existing public access points to water for all forms of paddlesport (canoeists, kayakers and paddleboarders).
- Create sustainable launching and landing sites, to and alongside water, for all sectors of the community and all abilities.
- Protect and enhance natural blue spaces, such as rivers and coastlines.
- Be ready to go.
The funding will support:
- Launch and landing platforms, ramps and steps.
- Improvements to pathways and accessible routes to the water’s edge.
- Designated or essential additional parking for water users.
- Works that create more sustainable access points.
- Access improvement projects that actively engage and allow water users to protect/enhance the waterway or riverbank environment (eg, by preventing bank erosion).
- Signage and information that promotes positive behaviour.
- Projects that would benefit more than one user group.
- Projects that benefit or provide opportunities to a wide range of paddlers rather than facilities limited to private members.
Applications will be accepted from a range of organisations, including paddle clubs, community groups, charities, parish councils, and local authorities.
The funding window opens on 1 November 2023 and closes on 31 January 2024 (23:59).