This online workshop is an overview of the steps required to establish and develop successful projects. It will outline what key areas need to be considered at the beginning, from testing the idea, choosing the most suitable legal structure, to building in evaluation systems, developing resilience and future development. You will be provided with resources, knowledge and positive choices to achieve your aims.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- clearly state your group’s vision, purpose and unique contribution
- analyse strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- find the appropriate information to support your work
- understand legal structures available
- develop your management team
- identify the required core policies and procedures
- establish essential monitoring, evaluation and reporting frameworks
- identify funding opportunities
- identify further resources and support as your project grows and takes shape
This course is designed for those individuals and groups who are at the initial stages of setting up a project or a voluntary group and require an overview about how their ideas might grow and come to fruition.
Please note that priority will be given to the groups working across 3VA areas (Eastbourne, Lewes District and Wealden). The numbers are strictly limited to 12 people per course, a maximum of 2 representative from each organization will have a confirmed place and further registrations will be put on a waiting list.
What our participants say about the course:
“Really clear and helpful advice. Good practical activities, varied information and interaction.” “I enjoyed the pace and style of the training. Knowledgeable trainer and an interesting mix of activities.” “Very useful course, really affirming that we are on the right path.”