This 3-hour online workshop will take an easy-to-follow, step by step guide to developing the most effective messages and best practice techniques for recruiting and retaining volunteers for your organisation taking into consideration the impact of the current Covid-19 environment we are all living in. We will examine how and where you could recruit potential volunteers from and ways of involving volunteers as safely as possible in flexible, non-traditional roles that are responsive to both volunteers’ needs and the needs of your group. The workshop will also feature how to develop effective messages and support systems designed to motivate volunteers within your organisation, in addition to recognising when it might be time to ’let go’!
By the end of this workshop you will have:
- Explored how to plan for the recruitment and selection of volunteers.
- Considered how ‘traditional patterns of volunteering may be changing and more flexible ways of involving volunteers
- Identified where and how to best advertise for volunteers within the context of Covid-19
- Looked at ways of making volunteering more accessible within your organisation.
- Identified and explored some of the motivating factors why people volunteer and why people to choose to stop volunteering
- Considered the importance of understanding the relationship between volunteers’ motivation and the needs of the organisation.
- Examined ways of motivating volunteers and sustaining their involvement.
- Identified ways of recognising and rewarding the value of volunteer involvement in their organisation
This online workshop will take a ‘hands-on’ interactive approach which invites participants to share best practice and practice various skills and will also include offering you on-going volunteer management materials that you can use as a result of having taken part.
This workshop is suitable for anyone, either in a paid, or unpaid capacity, who is responsible for engaging and involving volunteers. To discuss your requirements and find out more about the workshop, please contact Lee Shepherd on 07535 992 638 or contact him via email at Lee.Shepherd@3va.org.uk
Lee Shepherd works at 3VA as Community Development Officer for groups based in the Lewes District. Lee is a qualified trainer who has almost thirty years direct experience of engaging and involving volunteers and has advised and supported voluntary & community organisations on working with volunteers for the past twenty five years.