This bite-sized 1.5hr online session is an introduction to legislation regarding equality and diversity and explores the concept of inclusion.
The course objectives are:
- To understand the Equality Act and how it affects volunteers
- To explore what is meant by equality and diversity
- To be able to put into use ‘inclusion’ in support that is provided
- To explore how to reduce isolation and promote inclusion
- To appreciate the social model of disability
This course is aimed at volunteers or members of staff who provide support to people in the community. Please note that priority will be given to the groups working across 3VA areas (Eastbourne, Lewes District and Wealden).
Renee Jasper-Griffith, Adult Social Care Training and Development Consultant