This bite-sized 1.5 hrs online course is designed to give you practical tools for developing communication skills.
By the end of the session you will:
- Gain a better understanding of how and why we communicate
- Gain an appreciation of how others interact with us and how we interact with others
- Understand a person’s right to own their own information (data protection)
- Receive tips on how to overcome barriers to communication
- Learn to recognise aggressive behaviour and de-escalation tips
This course is aimed at volunteers or members of staff who provide support to people in the community. Please note that priority will be given to the groups working across 3VA areas (Eastbourne, Lewes District and Wealden).
Renee Jasper-Griffith, Adult Social Care Training and Development Consultant