We are delighted to offer you a fully subsidised MHFA England half day online course, which is an introductory 4-hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining well being
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
The course will cover the following:
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Eating disorders
- Take 10 Together - starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
On completion of the course you will receive:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Target AudienceStaff and volunteers in voluntary and community groups working, volunteering or engaging with others on a regular basis. Please note that priority will be given to the groups working across 3VA areas (Eastbourne, Lewes District and Wealden). The numbers are strictly limited to 12 people per course, a maximum of 2 representatives from each organization will have a confirmed place and further registrations will be put on a waiting list.
FeeThis course is fully subsidised. Please note that failure to attend the course will incur a charge of £50 per person. If there is an exceptional operational situation that is communicated prior to the course (but not later than 48 hours), these chargers would not be applicable.
Your Mental Health First Aid Facilitator: Adrian ThomasAdrian is a fully qualified MHFA trainer. He is passionate about the topic and during 2019 he trained over 850 delegates from voluntary and community as well as private and public sectors and delivered 75 courses across all MHFA Adult and Youth programmes.
March 24th, 2021 9:30 AM through 1:30 PM